Weekend Grand Popo
3 Days / 2 Nights Grand Popo, with car and driver
Price 218.950 CFA per person, based on 4 persons, many items are included in this tour
You like to travel with more or less people let us know firstname.lastname@example.org we send you the best price.
A short stop with a drink in Guezin, a restaurant with a view over Lake Aheme.
Check in at Hotel Awale Plage.
Welcome drink at hotel.
Have dinner in local restaurant (including one soft drink or local beer).
Back to the hotel for overnight stay.
Excursion to Birds Island, departure from hotel at 06.30 to the boat, this excursion takes about 2 hours. Early in the morning the birds are searching for food. If you’re lucky you might even see monkeys and crocodiles.
Around 09.30 you will be back at the hotel and have breakfast.
City tour by bicycle.
Lunch in local restaurant (including one local beer or softdrink).
After lunch departure to “ La Bouche du Roi” by boat.
Visit Avlo village, see how the local people fish the shrimps and how women make salt.
Visit Hévè village which is famous for its Colonial buildings, Royal Palace of Grand Popo and Voodoo Temples.
Arrival in “La Bouche du Roi”
Installation of tents and BBQ maker and some little paillote.
By 17.00 games playing and competition (Football, Handball, Volleyball, Badminton, Petanque, Cards, Swimming)
Barbeque around the fire with one soft drink or local beer (more drinks can be bought)
In the night everybody will sit around a fire and listen to African Stories before going to bed.
Overnight stay in tents.
For the Sports fanatics; Sports at the beach and some games.
Around 09.00 breakfast.
Beach music and dance.
Lunch at the beach.
On the road back to Cotonou we stop at Chez Rada for swimming for the people who like it, relaxing and have dinner.
Arrival in Cotonou around 21.00
Inclusive in this tour:
- Transport by 4WD Car from Cotonou with driver.
- Overnight stay one night in Awale Plage and one night in tents.
- Tourist tax
- The tents have a thin mat to sleep on.
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner mentioned in this itinerary.
- 2 Bottles of mineral water (of 1,5 L) on Saturday and Sunday.
- City tour by bicycle.
- Transport by boat with guide.
- Excursions mentioned in this itinerary.
- Some little prices with the sports competition.
- All food and drinks not mentioned in including.
- Towel, sheet, you can bring a sleeping bag if you like.
- All other personal spends not mentioned in itinerary.
- Swimmingpool at Chez Rada (1.500 CFA)
NOTE: the overnight stay in tents is basic, there is no shower, nor toilet, nor electricity. We will bring water, but you can swim in the clean water of the river. We will also bring some solar lights and other basic needs.
- We also want to leave the place as clean as possible, because this is a beautiful unspoiled piece of nature. So don’t litter!
- For swimming you must follow the instructions of the guide, he knows where it is safe to swim.
- For this stay it is recommended to bring your own flashlight, toiletries, towel, sheet or sleeping bag etc.
- Hotel is based on double room.
- Tent is based on 2 persons.
- Prices are based on a group of 4 persons, with another amount of people the prices changes.
Everything can be custom made. So if you like to change things, for example two nights hotel instead of tent, or 3 nights tent, let us know by sending an e-mail: email@example.com